Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nauvoo

We tried so hard to get to the temple for the eight o clock session. I don't think we were up early enough anyway but we were stymied on two additional accounts. We didn't know where to park and then we didn't know where to go in. We walked all around it. There wasn't an entrance. Finally we saw the Arrival center and went in there. That wasn't it either but they did tell us you walk in the front door. Probably the only temple you do that. So we went back, ate breakfast and then tried again. We were glad we did. It was so nice. I thought of Howard and Martha Jane Coray getting their endowments here in those sad days after the martyrdom. I felt like we'd come full circle. I asked if we could see the baptistry. We could and it was nice to hear a bit about it from the man who took us down.

We drove around Nauvoo a bit but didn't stop anywhere. It was good to see it again but I was glad we had been able to take the kids earlier.



Then it was the drive to Independence. Other than driving through the Amish area and looking for barn quilts and stopping to shop there I don't remember doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment