Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ROAD TRIP

It is finally Louisa's turn. Though she graduated first she has had to wait till now for her senior trip. The boys ended up with trips out of the country, but for Louisa it is a Midwest tour. When she was in school her favorite show was "Little House on the Prairie". She LOVED it, learned how to record them and watched them over and over. She has all the books, and calendars and recipe books etc and now the official DVDs. She wore braids and wanted a bonnet.

So her trip was pretty obvious...to see ALL the Laura Ingalls Wilder homes. At this point I'm wondering if it is kind of insane. One or two would have sufficed. Boy, I can't believe what this has become, I have become immersed in Laura Ingalls Wilder. Even more so now that I have been reading the books- for the first time apparently. And I am LOVING them. What a talented writer she was, no wonder they were popular. The descriptions of the prairies, of Laura's wild streak, of her love for her Pa, of her shyness in towns, and of the jollity of Christmas celebrations all sing of goodness, and family, and honest living and a picture frame glimpse of the life that thousands of settlers lived as they settled the west.

No comments:

Post a Comment