Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Day One
We are camped on the beach of Lake McConaughy outside Ogalalla Nebraska. It was an okay first day but I hope the rest improve somewhat. We finally left about 10 so that put us late, then there was construction on I-80 in Wyoming that had us going 45mph for long stretches. We were 15 minutes too late in Cheyenne to be able to go into the Capitol and then it started raining. It rained all through Nebraska. And we worried about camping. Between us and our planned campspot were the wagon ruts over Sand Hill. So since I was getting tired and I wanted to see them in the daylight we drove down a road looking for the bit of green on the map indicating a park.
I guess in the end it was a good day. We are on our way. We listened to the audio book for " A Little house in the Big Woods" to get us in the mood. We get to hear the songs Pa played on his fiddle. I love that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment